These 36mm extra large (XL) genuine Jiffy¨ pellets are a commercial grade compressed peat pellet suitable for a range of horticultural applications including:
Seed Propagation - ideal for producing compact, uniform and hardy seedlings with improved germination and transplanting.
Cutting Propagation - ideal for the vegetative propagation of many softwood & semi-hardwood plant varieties.
Other applications - also suitable for many other horticultural applications including hydroponics.
As the name suggests Jiffy¨- compressed peat pellets are made of mildly acidic (pH: 5.2 - 6.6) compressed peat. The use of a peat substrate may be more suitable for the germination of certain plant varieties (i.e. Blueberries), for the propagation of cuttings of others (i.e. Hydrangea) as well as a popular choice for many deep-rooted forestry varieties. As these pellets expand to around 75mm tall, they are suitable for a range of cuttings which may be too small for smaller pellets.
Jiffy¨ pellets provide the convenience of optimal water retention, therefore generally require watering once every few days, unlike sand, vermiculite and peat mixes which require frequent watering.
The range of Jiffy¨ products including pellets are a professional grade product used widely by the nursery industry in Australia. For instructions on how to use these Jiffy¨ compressed peat pellets, please see our Seed Sowing Guide for Jiffy Pellets.
What we love
- Premium peat substrate (mildly acidic pH) ideal for propagation
- Optimal moisture retention suitable for germination
- Balanced air-filled porosity
- Produces compact, uniform and hardy plants
- Decreased crop-cycle time & provides stress-free transplanting
Product Details & Specifications
- Jiffy¨ pellets are made of premium compressed peat packed into a fine teabag-like mesh
- The 36mm Jiffy¨ pellets are approximately 36mm(W) by 17mm(H) whilst compressed and expand to approximately 36mm(W) by 75mm(H), once soaked in water
What am I Purchasing?
- 36mm XL Jiffy¨ Compressed peat pellets, of selected pack size