Primrose Of the Evening is a popular herb variety grown for both its beautiful yellow flowers as well as its natural medicinal uses. The commonly used Evening Primrose Oil, is indeed produced from this Primrose species. Primrose Of the Evening produces beautiful large yellow fragrant flowers that together with other parts of the plant, including the leaves are believed to have medicinal properties, particularly anti-inflammatory properties. Other commonly cited uses include the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders, asthma and provide relief from a range of other common ailments. Primrose Of the Evening is a member of the Oenothera family, a North American wild flower genera that includes other varieties of primrose referred to as Sundrops or Desert Evening Primrose. Primrose Of the Evening is most commonly a biennial, however, it allowed, it commonly self-seeds, providing a perennial stand in most gardens.
Advantages of Primrose Of the Evening
- Beautiful fragrant flowers
- Medicinal herb variety
- Suitable for cooking and garnishes
- Easy to grow garden herb
- 30-50cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 40cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow biennial garden herb
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Primrose Of the Evening
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes