Geranium Robertianum Herb Robert is a small compact herbaceous plant with deeply dissected leaves, reddish stems and grows to about 50cm. The plant produces small five-petalled pale pink/purple flowers during the warmer months. Whilst this is a pretty plant with several high-value ornamental horticulture applications, this species has developed a cult-like following in recent years due to its apparent health benefits, given this variety is believed to be a source of various vitamins and minerals, including the often cited germanium. Apparent actions and/or herbal benefits associated with this plant variety include antibiotic, adaptogen, antiviral, styptic, tonic, diuretic, digestive, sedative, antioxidant and several more obscure claims. At The Climbing Fig, we cannot vouch for any of these claims, and do not provide any recommendation at all - we simply love the beautiful flowers of this somewhat mysterious herb variety. We have however found that this variety, like Artemisia Absinthium Wormwood is great for acting as a natural mosquito repellent in the garden and around outdoor entertainment areas.
Geranium Robertianum Herb Robert is also known as Red Robin, Storksbill, Dove's For, Crow's Foot as well as the synonym Robertiella robertiana.
Advantages of Geranium Robertianum Herb Robert
- Valuable but rare medicinal herb
- Apparent source of Germanium
- Flowers attracts bees and butterflies
- Popular medicinal herb makes great addition to herb garden
- 40 - 50cm height at maturity
- 50cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy biennial shrub
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Geranium Robertianum Herb Robert
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes