Tarragon Estragon Sativa is a hardy, fast growing perennial Tarragon variety that is most commonly used in cooking, particularly for seafood dishes and in French cuisine where it is used for its delightfully sweet anise flavour and aroma, and also used widely as a garnish. Tarragon Estragon Sativa is a true Tarragon and as a hardy perennial, is suitable for repeat harvesting, therefore making it a great addition to the herb garden.
The variety Tarragon Estragon Sativa has been selected for its superior range of culinary uses and its preferred plant characteristics, most specifically its persistence/resilience throughout the seasons as many common varieties tend to prematurely bolt (flower). Tarragon Estragon Sativa is an improved form of Artemisia dracunculus.
Important note: The seeds of all Tarragon varieties are very small. Given the small seeds, this variety is best started-off in small (~30mm) coir Jiffy pellets, ideally inside a suitable plant Propagation Kit (also available from our online store).
Advantages of Tarragon Estragon Sativa
- Original real Tarragon flavour
- Desirable soft leaves, ideal for cooking
- Harvestable year-round as this is a perennial Tarragon variety
- 60-90cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 50cm space
- Prefers moderately sunny aspect
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions across Australia
- Easy to grow perennial garden herb
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in ~30mm Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Tarragon Estragon Sativa
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes