Dichondra Repens PolyGreen is a fast growing and hardy, low-profile (5 - 6cm high) perennial groundcover used in a diverse range of landscaping applications for its ability to form a dense turf-like mat of deep green kidney-shaped leaves. The variety Dichondra Repens PolyGreen is suitable as a turf-replacement in areas with light traffic, in rockery gardens, in pots and a countless range of cottage or more modern designer gardens where this low-maintenance plant is a reliable performer, adding sophisticated but classic texture. The plants form a mat of deep green that provide an excellent contrast for structural features (walls, edging, water feature) or exemplify the colour of flowering plants in the garden, teasing out bright reds, oranges, yellows and purples that contrast spectacularly against the deep green.
Dichondra Repens PolyGreen is often used for planting in cottage gardens under trees, or other areas where it may be difficult to establish grass, particularly in shaded areas. One of the most popular uses of Dichondra Repens PolyGreen is planting between pavers, or garden steps and along pathways where the green is self-sustaining and does not require any maintenance.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Buy this premium variety, Dichondra Repens PolyGreen with confidence. Dichondra Repens is a premium native Australian variety of Dichondra with more compact growth and superior resilience when compared to the inferior non-native species Dichondra Micrantha which has been reported to have a weedy tendency.
Dichondra Repens PolyGreen is an improved selection of the widely cultivated Dichondra Repens, with improved resilience, and resistance to yellowing that can occur in some of the more common varieties. Dichondra Repens PolyGreen is supplied as coated (incorporates fertiliser) seeds (to maximise germination and establishment success).
GUIDANCE ON SEED SOWING DENSITY: Each individual plant can spread to 30 x 30cm and beyond, however this process generally requires 6 - 12months. If the seeds are sown into a tray before transplanting them, you could get by with 10 - 15 seedlings per square metre, however, if you are planning to cover a relatively large area and plan on direct sowing the seeds, whilst much quicker and easier, you will require significantly more seeds as the practical germination rate will be significantly lower. When direct sowing, as a general rule, approximately 50 - 100 seeds should be sown per square metre (m2) directly onto a soft, well drained soil mix (i.e. turf mix). In order to achieve good coverage in a relatively short timeframe, Dichondra seeds are sown even denser than the rates outlined above, however this is only necessary if you require quicker coverage.
Advantages of Dichondra Repens PolyGreen
- Stylish landscaping plant
- Fast-growing groundcover
- Beautiful deep-green foliage
- Cultivar with improved resilience
- 5 - 6 cm height at maturity
- Plant can spread up to 30cm
- Close sowing distance will assist in more rapid establishment
- Prefers part-shaded aspect but copes well in sun
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Drought tolerant once established
- Easy to grow evergreen perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Dichondra Repens PolyGreen (incorporating fertiliser additive), of selected pack size
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes