Phormium Cookianum Dwarf Green™ is a fast growing and hardy perennial bladed grass most often grown in landscaping applications for its compact strappy glossy green foliage. The premium variety Phormium Cookianum Dwarf Green™ is grown as a border plant, in mass-plantings in hard-wearing or difficult areas such as beside buildings or fences and is often planted by local councils along nature or median strips as well as roundabouts where it is typically difficult to get other things to grow.
Phormium Cookianum Dwarf Green™ plants are non-invasive, generally clump into 50x50cm mounds of arching blades of spectacular glossy green foliage and provide an excellent contrast for structural features (walls, edging, water feature) or exemplify the colour of flowering plants in the garden spectacularly against the bold and elegant foliage.
Phormium Cookianum Dwarf Green™ is an extremely versatile plant as it is highly frost and drought tolerant, will grow in a range of soils ranging from sandy through to clay and will also handle reasonable periods of wetness in the root zone, although not the ideal environment.
Phormium Cookianum Dwarf Green™ is an improved dwarf selection of the NZ flax varieties.
Advantages of Phormium Cookianum Dwarf Green™
- Stylish landscaping plant
- Extremely hardy and versatile plant
- Beautiful glossy green foliage
- Compact dwarf variety
- Cultivar with improved tuft resilience
- 50cm height at maturity
- 40cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but can cope with light shade
- Will grow in most regions of Australia, although may struggle in the tropics
- Highly drought and frost tolerant once established
- Easy to grow evergreen perennial grass
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Phormium Cookianum Dwarf Green™
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes