Liatris Floristan White is an extremely hardy compact bulbous perennial plant growing to approximately 30cm that produces spectacularly bright white flower spikes on long stems up to 60cm tall. Liatris varieties provide spectacular colour, are generally easy to grow and do well with very little attention, provided they are planted in relatively well-drained soils that do not get (or stay) wet for extended periods of time. This heavy flowering variety of Liatris, Liatris Floristan White produces long-lasting flower spikes that provide months of brilliant colour and are suited perfectly for beautiful floral features, cottage gardens, or in pots. If planted with spacing under 30cm apart, Liatris Floristan White can also be used as an informal groundcover as the plant tuffs join together forming a beautiful deep green blanket that comes alive with beautiful pure white flowers in Spring and throughout the warmer months.
Liatris Floristan White is a bulbous perennial, which means as the weather cools down in autumn, the liatris plants will shed their leaves and maintain an underground dormant phase throughout the Winter. In Spring, the plant will re-emerge bigger and stronger with the underground bulbous structures ensuring an even bigger floral display for the upcoming season. Liatris Floristan White is an improved selection of the traditional species of Liatris Spicata.
Advantages of Liatris Floristan White
- Spectacularly beautiful pure white flower spikes
- Very heavy flowering variety
- Suitable as a cut flower
- Beautiful deep green foliage
- Drought tolerant
- Extended flowering variety
- 30cm plant height at maturity, however flower spikes can extend up to 60cm
- 40cm apart is a suitable planting distance or closer (25cm) if a groundcover effect is desired
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Requires well drained soil
- Easy to grow flowering bulbous perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Liatris Floristan White
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes