Now for those of you who know what gourds are all about, the great news is that Gourd Mini Bottle is a fast-growing and generally disease-free strain that will ensure an abundant gourd crop, whatever your intended use for the weird and wonderful fruits, whether it be to bulk-up your next curry or embark on a DIY musical instrument project. For newcomers to the world of gourds, you should be aware that nothing you could plant in your garden will intrigue neighbours more than growing gourd plants with the peculiar large dangling fruits providing a peculiar display. These pumpkin-vine like climbing annual plants, produce white flowers in 6 - 7 weeks which then produce medium sized green gourd fruits (generally 25 - 30cm long), which if allowed to dry on the vine, form a hard light-weight hollow-vessel which in historic times has been used to carry water, as a cooking instrument, music instrument and countless other more intriguing applications! Like other plants in the pumpkin family, gourd plants require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. Please remember, all gourd plants like to run, so ensure there is plenty of room in your (or your neighbours!) garden, before deciding on where to plant these seeds.
Advantages of Gourd Mini Bottle
- Fast growing and heavy yielding variety
- Edible fruit also suitable for drying
- Medium sized gourd fruit (25 - 30cm)
- Generally pest and disease resistant
- 1 - 2m height at maturity however if growing up against a structure, may reach 3m+
- 2m+ apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia, however best to avoid humid regions/seasons
- Hardy spring, summer, autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Gourd Mini Bottle
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes