Celosia Kurume Rose (also known as Cockscomb) is a modern celosia cultivar, bred for its very large bright rose/magenta flowers that are highly sought after as an impressive cut flower variety, by discerning florists, particularly during the warmer months of the year when celosia plants are in full bloom. Plants of Celosia Kurume Rose have quite a high tolerance to heat, drought and disease, and are a popular choice for strong feature colour, both in garden beds and in pots, in a range of garden settings. As this variety is suitable as a cut flower variety due to its relatively long stems, the plant is quite tall for a celosia, and can reach heights of 70 - 100cm, making it a popular choice for adding tall colour behind typically more compact bedding annuals.
Advantages of Celosia Kurume Rose
- Super bright rose/magenta flowers
- Large flower heads
- Highly suitable as a cut flower
- 70 - 100 cm height at maturity
- 20 cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers fun sun but can tolerate part-shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most warmer regions of Australia
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Celosia Kurume Rose
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes