Araucaria Norfolk Is Pine Manley, is a very large growing, highly ornamental tree most commonly grown in extremely long-term and high value plantings, often in coastal towns, across south-eastern Australia. As its name suggests, this variety is native to Norfolk Island, a small island in the Pacific Ocean, however in taxonomic terms, Araucaria Norfolk Is Pine Manley is not a true pine, but rather a member of the conifer family, with its scientific name Araucaria Excelsa. The natural shape of this Cypress is the classic Christmas Tree shape, and the plant generally maintains its shape as it matures. Araucaria Norfolk Is Pine Manley is generally easy to grow and does not require any maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases.
Advantages of Araucaria Norfolk Is Pine Manley
- Highly ornamental landscaping conifer
- Popular tree planted along coastal boulevards
- Very large growing and long-lived tree
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 3 - 4m height in the first 5-years, but may grow much larger as the tree matures (>30m)
- Planted as a specimen at least 5m apart
- Prefers full sun
- Not suitable for pots except in the case of bonsai
- Hardy evergreen conifer tree
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Araucaria Norfolk Is Pine Manley
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes