Professional grade 288-cell Seedling Plug Trays are made of thermoformed PP plastic and are a convenient and cost-effective propagation solution proven to produce compact, uniform and hardy seedlings. These trays measure 530mm(L) x 265mm(W) x 27mm(H), with a cell volume of 7mL, therefore each tray requires approximately 2L of fine seed-raising mix, providing significant savings in propagation mix.
In commercial propagation facilities, when high quality seeds are sown, germination results above 95% are routinely achieved with these trays. The bottom photo in the first image is of a rare geranium (Geranium Black Velvet Series) variety which can be difficult to germinate, however we recently achieved a >99% germination rate for this variety. The top photo is of Armeria Kai Hybrid Pink also grown in the 288-cell plug trays, highlighting the well-developed root system achieved with these trays.
These trays are not a substitute for poor propagation technique, however, under the right conditions, they can achieve exceptional germination results. Please keep in mind, given there are 288 cells in a tray, the individual cells are quite small (18mm x 27mm), therefore cells can dry out very quickly if they are in an exposed aspect during the propagation process.
What we love
- Cost effective seed propagation plug trays.
- Tapered cell design with wide diameter hole at base for easy seedling removal.
- Suitable for use in commercial propagation facilities.
Product Details & Specifications
- Seedling trays measure 530mm(L) x 265mm(W) x 27mm(H)
- Each tray has 288-cells measuring 18mm x 27mm each
- Individual cell volume of 7mL
What am I Purchasing?
- 288-Cell Black Seedling Plug Trays, of selected pack size