These large (58mm) Jiffy¨ grow blocks are a commercial grade compressed coir grow block suitable for seed and cutting propagation and growth of a range of plant varieties. Genuine Jiffy¨ compressed coir grow blocks are suitable for a range of horticultural applications including:
Growing On - The relatively large expanded volume (~120ml) of these grow blocks, means they can be used not only for propagation, but for actual growing-on of many crop varieties including salad greens, strawberries, as well as many ornamental plant varieties.
Seed Propagation - Ideal for producing compact, uniform and hardy seedlings with improved germination and transplanting.
Cutting Propagation - Ideal for the vegetative propagation of many softwood & semi-hardwood plant varieties.
Other applications - Also suitable for many other horticultural applications including hydroponics.
As the name suggests Jiffy¨- compressed coir pellets are made of a premium compressed coir substrate. As these grow blocks expand to around 36mm tall, they are suitable for a range of large seed varieties, such as palm and cycad varieties, which may otherwise be too small for smaller pellets.
Jiffy¨ grow blocks provide the convenience of optimal water retention, therefore generally require watering once every few days, unlike sand, vermiculite and peat mixes which require frequent watering.
The range of Jiffy¨ products including pellets are a professional grade product used widely by the nursery industry in Australia, and hold a prestigious certification from RHP Horticulture, based in the Netherlands. For instructions on how to use these Jiffy¨ compressed coir pellets, please see our Seed Sowing Guide for Jiffy Pellets.
What we love
- Premium coir substrate ideal for propagation
- Optimal moisture retention suitable for germination
- Balanced air-filled porosity
- Produces compact, uniform and hardy plants
- Decreased crop-cycle time & provides stress-free transplanting
Product Details & Specifications
- Jiffy¨ coir grow blocks are made of premium compressed coir packed into a fine teabag-like mesh
- The 58mm Jiffy¨ grow blocks are approximately 54mm(W) by 13mm(H) whilst compressed and expand to approximately 58mm(W) by 36mm(H), once soaked in water
- These Jiffy¨ coir grow blocks are supplied by the manufacturer as 50mm grow blocks, however the actual dimensions are those outlined herein
What am I Purchasing?
- 58mm Jiffy¨ Compressed coir grow blocks, of selected pack size