This yellow variant of the classic variety Tomato Grosse Lisse is popular, for good reason. This vigorous variety, Tomato Yellow Grosse Lisse produces large, bright yellow fruit, which actually taste the way tomatoes should! Fragrant, sweet and juicy with a smooth texture, unlike the rubbery pulp the supermarkets call tomatoes these days! What sets Tomato Yellow Grosse Lisse apart is its thin skin and exceptionally low-acid levels which make it a great choice amongst those who struggle with acidic fruit. The variety Tomato Yellow Grosse Lisse is one of the earliest fruiting varieties of tomato, which is both long-lived, and a strong producer, which is sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener.
This variety does best if it is staked (not compulsory) and remember, like all tomato varieties, will require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this tomato variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Tomato Yellow Grosse Lisse
- Early fruiting variety
- Large fruit (0.2 - 0.4kg) - excellent for home-gardeners
- Sweet and juicy bright yellow smooth flesh
- Thin-skinned and low-acid fruit
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly phosphorus
- 30 - 80cm height at maturity (but can 'climb' 80cm+, if staked)
- 50 - 60cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Tomato Yellow Grosse Lisse
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes