This classic Italian variety Tomato Roma Italian Delizia™ is popular as both a fresh (table) tomato or in all types of cooking, for good reason. This variety produces extremely heavy yields of bright red egg-shaped (elongated) fruit, which actually taste the way tomatoes should! Fragrant, sweet (low acid) and juicy with a smooth texture, unlike the rubbery pulp the supermarkets call tomatoes these days! The variety Tomato Roma Italian Delizia™ is one of the earliest fruiting varieties of tomato, which is both long-lived, and a strong producer, which is sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener.
Tomato Roma Italian Delizia™ is available in both a Regular and a Cherry variety (large and small fruiting varieties, respectively).
The variety Tomato Roma Italian Delizia™ - Regular is a large fruiting roma that has traditionally been used as the key base for Italian pizza and pasta sauces as well as for drying (dried & semi-sundries). This variety does not require any form of staking, however, please remember, like all tomato varieties, will require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering to avoid the onset of leaf diseases.
The variety Tomato Roma Italian Delizia™ - Cherry is a small cherry fruiting roma that is a popular choice for fresh salads due to the compact size and stunningly sweet and juicy texture of the highly sought after fruit. For best results, this variety prefers to be staked to ensure the long fruiting stems can hang gracefully from the trunk and receive maximum sunlight, whilst being supported off the ground.
Parsley and basil plants are generally considered companion plants for tomato plants and Marigolds can be inter-planted with this tomato variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Tomato Roma Italian Delizia
- Early fruiting variety
- Egg-shaped fruit (100g - 140g for Regular, and 18g - 20g for the Cherry) - excellent for home-gardeners
- Sweet and juicy bright red smooth flesh
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of repeat harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly phosphorus
- 30 - 45cm height at maturity for Regular, and about twice the height (60 - 90cm) for the Cherry
- 40 - 60cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy warm weather vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Tomato Roma Italian Delizia
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes