The variety Tomato Canakkale Ozel Domates is a traditional heirloom variety, taken straight from the centre of the tomato growing provinces of Marmara, in western Turkey. This relatively vigorous variety produces large, bright red irregularly shaped fruit, which actually taste the way tomatoes should! Fragrant, sweet and juicy with a smooth texture, unlike the rubbery pulp the supermarkets call tomatoes these days! The variety Tomato Canakkale Ozel Domates is one of the earlier fruiting varieties of tomato, which is both long-lived, and a strong producer, which is sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener. This variety does best if it is staked (not compulsory) and remember, like all tomato varieties, will require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering.
Advantages of Tomato Canakkale Ozel Domates
- Early fruiting variety
- Large irregularly shaped fruit (0.2 - 0.5kg) - excellent for home-gardeners
- Sweet and juicy bright red smooth flesh
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly phosphorus
- 35 - 75cm height at maturity (but can 'climb' 80cm+, if staked)
- 50 - 60cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Tomato Canakkale Ozel Domates
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes