Thyme Evergreen Wonder is a hardy, easy to grow variety of common thyme. Thyme Evergreen Wonder is a perennial ground-cover, producing beautifully fragrant leaves on fine wire-like stems, which spread throughout the garden, but is generally non-invasive as it likes to form a compact low growing plant once it reaches a spread of about 30 - 40cm. Thyme is used in a wide range of cooking, including, quiches, garnishes, seasoning and many other dishes. The variety Thyme Evergreen Wonder has been selected for its superior aromatic characteristics, most specifically its strong traditional flavour and fragrance, unlike many of the newer varieties which are purely grown for their aesthetic appeal. Since Thyme Evergreen Wonder is an evergreen perennial, provided it is sheltered from frosts, it is generally one of the hardier herbs which will continue provide beautiful Thyme stems for your cooking delights, throughout the year, even when the Parsley has bolted (flowering) and the cold weather has knocked the Basil about!
Advantages of Thyme Evergreen Wonder
- Great strong traditional flavour and aroma in an easy to grow plant
- Desirable evergreen perennial for year long harvest, every year
- Harvestable for an extended period
- 10-15cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 50cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Thyme Evergreen Wonder
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes