The variety Strawberry Pink on Red is a recently released variant of the popular, pink-flowering edible strawberry varieties. This vigorous variety produces large, bright red fruit, which actually taste the way strawberries should! Fragrant, sweet and juicy with a smooth texture, unlike the rubbery pulp the supermarkets call strawberries these days! Just for some more fun, Strawberry Pink on Red is a repeat harvesting variety which means it is constantly fruiting, and as a result is constantly covered with the beautiful apple-blossom pink flowers providing cheerful colour around the vege garden, pot, or hanging basket. The variety Strawberry Pink on Red is one of the earlier fruiting varieties of strawberry, which is both long-lived, and a strong producer, which is sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener.
This variety does best if it is allowed to run (preferable over a garden/pot edge) and remember, like all strawberry varieties, will require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. The use of mulch around strawberry plants can assist in keeping fruit fresh and preventing fruit from rotting as a result of sitting on wet soil. Strawberry Pink on Red is generally pest and disease resistant if the leaves are kept dry, however the bigger challenge will be keeping adventurous birds from devouring the fruits of your labour!
Advantages of Strawberry Pink on Red
- Early fruiting variety
- Large fruit - excellent for home-gardeners
- Sweet and juicy bright red smooth flesh
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly calcium and phosphorus
- 20 - 30cm height at maturity (but can 'run' 50cm+)
- 50 - 60cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia but can develop mildews in continually humid weather
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn fruit (avoid winter frosts)
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Strawberry Pink on Red
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes