Sorrel French Green De Belleville is a popular herb/vegetable in French kitchens and in recent times is making its way into a diverse range of culinary delights thanks to its nutritional qualities, not to mention its refreshing lemony tang. As it is a compact perennial, it is often grown in herb gardens in France and used to flavour meals such as soups, however is also grown as a vegetable where the leaves are used to either add some punch to a salad, or are used as a full replacement to either spinach or lettuce.
In many ways, Sorrel French Green De Belleville is easier to grow than lettuce, tastes more interesting and certainly lasts longer as the plant is a perennial, therefore not requiring repeat plantings to ensure a constant supply of leaves. In addition to our range of premium lettuce varieties, for some more exotic leafy green flavours also consider Rocket Gourmet Salad for a peppery twist, or Tarragon French Cuisiniere as it works well with Sorrel French Green De Belleville.
Advantages of Sorrel French Green De Belleville
- Traditional French Sorrel variety
- Distinctive lemony flavour
- Great lettuce or spinach substitute
- 15 - 20cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb or vegetable garden, allowing at least 5cm spacing between plants
- Prefers moderately full sun aspect
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Southern Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Sorrel French Green De Belleville
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes