The variety Snow Pea Oregon Sugar Pod is a very heavy yielding, compact, climbing snow pea variety reaching a modest 90cm+ in height, when trellised. Snow Pea Oregon Sugar Pod is a multi-award winning variety (including the much coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit) developed at the Oregon State University. This variety quickly became a favourite amongst keen gardeners from the year 2000 onwards, due to its large, tender, crispy and flat snow pea pods, that are produced abundantly, from quite early on in the season. This variety is a true mange-tout, meaning that the entire shell and insides can be eaten, making it an excellent choice for stir-frys and a range of other popular dishes. Thanks to the handwork at Oregon State University led by Dr James Baggett, the variety Snow Pea Oregon Sugar Pod is extremely disease resistant to common most common diseases that trouble older pea varieties, including wilt, pea enation virus and streak virus.
Advantages of Snow Pea Oregon Sugar Pod
- Large, tender, crispy & flat snow pea pods.
- Heavy cropping climbing pea variety
- Very strong disease resistance
- 90 - 120cm climbing vine
- 40 - 60cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy spring, summer, autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Snow Pea Oregon Sugar Pod
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes