There are snapdragons, then there are Snapdragons! Rather than waste your time and effort with wild heirloom varieties, why not fill your gardens with the latest modern hybrid Snapdragon varieties producing larger and brighter flowers over a longer duration, not to mention the adorable fragrance. To ensure you achieve the very best results, we have put together a stunning range of Snapdragons: i) Gnomes Hat & Shapeshifter suitable for bedding, ii) Neon Tetra for cutting and iii) the ever versatile Kamikaze suitable for both.
Snapdragon Kamikaze Red is a beautiful crimson red flowering variety from the Kamikaze range of snapdragons. Snapdragon Kamikaze Red is a modern hybrid variety incorporating the charming old-world fragrance the traditional varieties are renowned for, however thanks to the wonders of modern plant-breeding, also incorporate improved plant traits including more profuse and longer-lasting flowering as well as improved plant growth habit and disease resistance. Snapdragon Kamikaze Red grows to approximately 60cm tall, with countless spikes of bright, fragrant flowers that are highly suitable as cut flowers, or for providing a beautiful display in the garden or in pots.
The Snapdragon Kamikaze Mix varieties are amongst the earliest flowering snapdragon varieties, and continue to provide a beautiful display of colour for many months. It is worth pointing out that the modern hybrid varieties of snapdragon, particularly those in the Snapdragon Kamikaze Range are infinitely superior varieties when compared to the species varieties which are commonly found in cottage gardens, farmhouses gardens or sometimes sold by nurseries that refuse to sell the very best. If you are not too concerned about plant durability, or larger flowers from a wider colour palette, then cheaper options may suffice, however for the more discerning gardener, the award-winning varieties from the Snapdragon Kamikaze Range will not disappoint.
Seeds in the Snapdragon Kamikaze Range supplied by The Climbing Fig are of the highest standard used by commercial growers, are stored in optimal conditions to ensure maximum seed viability and are not garden collected like some of the cheaper supplies that may become available from time to time.
Advantages of Snapdragon Kamikaze Red
- Highly fragrant variety
- Large floral display with super bright flowers
- Relatively compact and generally disease resistant
- Extended flowering season
- 55 - 60cm height at maturity
- 25 - 40cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy summer flowering annual
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Snapdragon Kamikaze Red
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes