The Bulk Seed Starter-Pack™ (Pack B) has been scientifically formulated to assist in the germination of a wide range of seeds and subsequent establishment of healthy seedlings. For the first time, the Bulk Seed Starter-Pack™ provides home-gardeners with access to a kit that will improve your chances of growing professional-grade seedlings. It should be noted that fresh, high-quality seeds are always at the core of growing quality seedlings successfully. At The Climbing Fig™, we stock the freshest seeds of only the very best varieties. All our seeds are stored in controlled-environments and periodically bio-assayed to ensure we only sell the most viable seeds available.
Once you have chosen the seeds you wish to get started, the next step is to ensure you provide the seeds with everything they need to ensure they have the very best chance for successful germination.
The Bulk Seed Starter-Pack™ contains the ideal combination of a seed starter (seed Jump-Starter™), moisture regulator (GP Vermiculite), plant nutrition and organic additives (seed-EsTab™) to give your valuable seeds the best chance of successfully germinating and growing on to healthy and vigorous seedlings. The Bulk Seed Starter-Pack™ involves a three-pronged approach to achieve optimal results:
- By spraying your seeds with seed Jump-Starter™ from the ready-to-use spray bottle, you are signalling to your seeds that it is time to wake, that is break dormancy. Even after seedling emergence, seed Jump-Starter™ may be used to ensure vigorous and healthy early plant growth.
- Similarly, incorporating Seed-EsTab™ into the seed-raising mix before sowing, the germination of a range of seeds and subsequent establishment of healthy seedlings can often be improved significantly. Seed-EsTab™ is a sustained release fertiliser containing macronutrients (N,P,K,S), micronutrients (more than 8 trace elements) and a range of natural bioactive and phytoactive compounds.
- Following the sowing of fine seeds (especially those varieties requiring less than 3mm seed sowing depth), covering seeds with a light sprinkle of GP Vermiculite can assist in improving germination by maintaining appropriate seed strata-zone moisture levels. GP Vermiculite is particularly effective in improving germination rates of seed varieties requiring light to germinate; common varieties include Gerbera and Petunia seeds.
The Seed Starter-Pack™ Range is available exclusively through The Climbing Fig™.
What we love
- Assists in successful germination of a wide range of seeds
- Maintains seed strata-zone moisture levels to enhance seed imbibition and germination
- Provides seedlings with complete nutritional requirements in slow release bioactive form
- Nutritional requirement of seedlings are closely matched as nutrient release is buffered by the organic bioactive compounds
- Effective nutrient delivery promotes vigorous growth of seedlings
- Balanced plant nutrition is important in maintaining optimal plant health and ensuring increased resistance to pests and diseases
What am I Purchasing?
- 1 x 250ml seed Jump-Starter™, seed germination booster
- 1 x 100g seed EsTab™, slow release fertiliser with organics
- 1 x 500ml GP Vermiculite, fine grade horticultural vermiculite
The convenient spray bottle of Seed Jump-Starter™ has been formulated to the optimal dose required to stimulate strong germination of most seed varieties and promoting the healthy growth of seedlings. Simply spray seeds and allow to absorb and/or air dry for a few minutes before sowing seeds. Repeat foliar applications can be applied fortnightly, as required.
Simply mix 25g of Seed EsTab™ for each 3 - 5L high quality, fine-grade seed-raising mix before filling seedling trays ready for sowing seed.
Following the sowing of seeds (depth will vary according to seed variety), spread the GP Vermiculite evenly over the seed-raising mix. The contents of the bag should cover an area 1m x 1m.
Additional seed sowing instructions are supplied for FREE in the form of Propagation Notes with every seed purchase from The Climbing Fig™ eBay store.
Seed Jump-Starter™ is a naturally derived complex that does not contain any synthetic compounds such as those found in common chemical fertiliser products. Instead, Seed Jump-Starter™ contains an extensive list of phytoactive compounds (compounds that efficiently elicit desirable physiological plant responses) including:
- Phytoactive compounds, including natural PGR's (plant growth regulators, such as auxins and cytokinins)
- Nutrition, including bioactive macronutrients Nitrogen, Phosphorus & Potassium (N, P, K) and more than 8 trace-elements
- Amino acids, proteins and vitamins
Improvements in root system development in plants treated with Seed Jump-Starter™ is due to adventitious root initiation and development, triggered by the optimal ratio of auxins to cytokinins contained in Seed Jump-Starter™. Increased root-tip development also has been shown to increase the plant-uptake of calcium, which strengthens cell walls, providing increased resistance to both biotic (pests and diseases) and abiotic (drought, frost and similar) stresses.
Similarly the impact of Seed Jump-Starter™ on breaching dormancy in seeds and assisting seedling development is a result of well-understood biochemical pathways. The active ingredients of Seed Jump-Starter™ have been researched and studied in laboratories and in the field for more than a decade and this know-how is now available directly to plant enthusiasts in Australia, courtesy of The Climbing Fig.
The comprehensive analysis of Seed EsTab™ is highly effective in assisting the germination process and providing the nutritional requirements of young seedlings. At the core of Seed EsTab™ is the science of nutrient utilisation efficiency (NUE). It is not the amount of fertiliser applied to a plant that matters, but rather the efficient utilisation of fertiliser, to achieve sustainable plant growth. Indeed, the over-supply of nutrients that a plant cannot utilise can be toxic to the plant (particularly young seedlings) and soil microorganisms.
The bioactive compounds in Seed EsTab™, particularly the humic acid component, act as a natural nutrient buffer by absorbing excessive nutrients in the soil and releasing them as required by plants. Additional organic compounds in Seed EsTab™ include a range of bioactives and phytoactives (compounds that efficiently elicit a physiological plant response) which also have demonstrated adjuvant properties, including assisting in the wetting of soil and the uptake of nutrients.
Seed EsTab™ contains an extensive list of compounds important in ensuring the successful growth of seedlings, including:
- Macronutrients, consisting of (N) Nitrogen (8%), (P) Phosphorus (1.8%), (K) Potassium (4.9%), (S) Sulphur (2.3%). (Nutritional analysis is based on a elemental w/w% basis)
- Micronutrients, are made up of more than 8 different trace elements including (B) Boron, (Cu) Copper, (Fe) Iron, (Mg) Magnesium, (Mn) Manganese, (Mo) Molybdenum and (Zn) Zinc
- Bioactives, including long chain, slow-release humic acids with adjuvant and soil-wetting properties
- Phytoactives, including natural compounds analogous to plant growth regulators (PGR's) such as plant hormones
- The active ingredients of Seed EsTab™ have been researched and studied in laboratories and in the field for more than a decade and this know-how is now available directly to plant enthusiasts in Australia, courtesy of The Climbing Fig™.
For typical nutrient analysis, refer to the table below.
TYPICAL ANALYSIS (w/w%)
||Total Nitrogen (N)
||ammoniacal nitrogen (NH4-N)
||nitrate nitrogen (NO3-N)
||Total Phosphorus (P)
||Total Potassium (K)
Plus trace-elements, organics and bioactives.