Seed-EsTab™ provides the optimal range of balanced plant nutrition and organic additives to give your valuable seeds the best chance of successfully germinating and growing on to healthy and vigorous seedlings. By incorporating Seed-EsTab™ into the seed-raising mix before sowing, the germination of a range of seeds and subsequent establishment of healthy seedlings can often be improved significantly. Seed-EsTab™ is a sustained release fertiliser containing macronutrients (N,P,K,S), micronutrients (more than 8 trace elements) and a range of natural bioactive and phytoactive compounds.
What we love
- Assists in the successful germination of a wide range of seeds
- Improves seed strata-zone moisture levels to enhance seed imbibition and germination
- Provides seedlings with complete nutritional requirements in slow release bioactive form
- Nutritional requirement of seedlings are closely matched as nutrient release is buffered by the organic bioactive compounds
- Effective nutrient delivery promotes vigorous growth of seedlings
- Balanced plant nutrition is important in maintaining optimal plant health and ensuring increased resistance to pests and diseases
What am I Purchasing?
- Seed EsTab™ slow release fertiliser with organics, of selected pack size
For indicative application rates, refer below or the third image in the gallery.
- Simply mix 25g of Seed EsTab™ for each 3 - 5L high quality, fine-grade seed-raising mix before filling seedling trays ready for sowing seed.
- Additional seed sowing instructions are supplied for FREE in the form of propagation notes with every seed purchase from The Climbing Fig - online garden store.
The comprehensive analysis of Seed EsTab™ is highly effective in assisting the germination process and providing the nutritional requirements of young seedlings. At the core of Seed EsTab™ is the science of nutrient utilisation efficiency (NUE). It is not the amount of fertiliser applied to a plant that matters, but rather the efficient utilisation of fertiliser, to achieve sustainable plant growth. Indeed, the over-supply of nutrients that a plant cannot utilise can be toxic to the plant (particularly young seedlings) and soil microorganisms.
The bioactive compounds in Seed EsTab™, particularly the humic acid component, act as a natural nutrient buffer by absorbing excessive nutrients in the soil and releasing them as required by plants. Additional organic compounds in Seed EsTab™ include a range of bioactives and phytoactives (compounds that efficiently elicit a physiological plant response) which also have demonstrated adjuvant properties, including assisting in the wetting of soil and the uptake of nutrients.
Seed EsTab™ contains an extensive list of compounds important in ensuring the successful growth of seedlings, including:
- Macronutrients, consisting of (N) Nitrogen (8%), (P) Phosphorus (1.8%), (K) Potassium (4.9%), (S) Sulphur (2.3%). (Nutritional analysis is based on a elemental w/w% basis)
- Micronutrients, are made up of more than 8 different trace elements including (B) Boron, (Cu) Copper, (Fe) Iron, (Mg) Magnesium, (Mn) Manganese, (Mo) Molybdenum and (Zn) Zinc
- Bioactives, including long chain, slow-release humic acids with adjuvant and soil-wetting properties
- Phytoactives, including natural compounds analogous to plant growth regulators (PGR's) such as plant hormones
- The active ingredients of Seed EsTab™ have been researched and studied in laboratories and in the field for more than a decade and this know-how is now available directly to plant enthusiasts in Australia, courtesy of The Climbing Fig.
For typical nutrient analysis, refer to the table below or the third image in the gallery.
TYPICAL ANALYSIS (w/w%)
||Total Nitrogen (N)
||ammoniacal nitrogen (NH4-N)
||nitrate nitrogen (NO3-N)
||Total Phosphorus (P)
||Total Potassium (K)
Plus trace-elements, organics and bioactives.