Sedum Rubens Lizard of Madagascar is an intriguing but spectacular succulent with a growth habit that would be best described as a compact groundcover. Plants of Sedum Rubens Lizard of Madagascar are generally covered in tiny white flowers in late Spring and into Summer. As the weather gets warmer, the grey-green leaves gradually become blushed with a rose colouration towards the tips of the succulent leaves. Sedum Rubens Lizard of Madagascar does very well in pots, rockeries and wide range of gardens, and like all succulents is very drought tolerant. This succulent groundcover is a great addition to any garden as the bold dense texture provides great contrast, and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line.
Sedum Rubens Lizard of Madagascar is very hardy and maintenance free, it is often used in mass plantings in public spaces, or in rockeries, particularly mixed succulent pots as it is a consistently reliable performer.
Please note, the seeds of all Sedum varieties are exceptionally small and therefore can be hard to see for those with poor vision, therefore should be handled very carefully.
Advantages of Sedum Rubens Lizard of Madagascar
- Stunning evergreen foliage
- Low growing & hardy variety
- Drought-tolerant perennial
- Compact succulent groundcover
- 8 - 12 cm height at maturity
- 20 cm apart is a suitable planting distance (plant can spread up to 30cm)
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow succulent
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Sedum Rubens Lizard of Madagascar
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes