Sedum Dragon Tears is a spectacular pink flowering succulent with a growth habit that would be best described as a compact groundcover. Plants of Sedum Dragon Tears are generally covered in burgundy red leaves during Winter and into Spring. As the weather gets warmer, the leaves gradually turn a flushed bronze and eventually green if the growing (warmer) season is long enough. Whilst the plants lose some of the red coloration in the leaves in Spring and Summer, this is more than compensated by the very heavy coverage of pink/purple flowers which typically last 4 - 6 months. Sedum Dragon Tears does well in pots, rockeries and wide range of gardens, and like all succulents is very drought tolerant. This succulent groundcover is a great addition to any garden as the bold texture provides great contrast, and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line. At the early stages of growth (first 30cm of coverage) Sedum Dragon Tears is very fast growing, slowing once the plant reaches a spread of about 50 - 60cm.
Sedum Dragon Tears is very hardy and maintenance free, it is often used in mass plantings in public spaces, or in rockeries, particularly cascading (tiered) aspects as it is a consistently reliable performer.
Please note, the seeds of all Sedum varieties are exceptionally small and therefore can be hard to see for those with poor vision, therefore should be handled very carefully.
Advantages of Sedum Dragon Tears
- Pink & purple flowering variety
- Fine glossy burgundy foliage
- Drought-tolerant perennial
- Hardy succulent groundcover
- General Specifications
- 10 - 15 cm height at maturity
- 30 cm apart is a suitable planting distance (plant can spread up to 80cm)
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow succulent
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Sedum Dragon Tears
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes