Sedum Acre Goldmoss Stonecrop is a spectacular yellow flowering succulent with a growth habit that would be best described as a compact groundcover. Plants of Sedum Acre Goldmoss Stonecrop are generally covered in bright yellow flowers in late Spring and into Summer. As the weather gets warmer, the leaves gradually turn a flushed lime green and eventually green if the growing (warmer) season is long enough. Whilst the plants lose some of the lime (yellowish) coloration in the leaves in Spring and Summer, this is more than compensated by the very heavy coverage of yellow flowers which typically last several months. Sedum Acre Goldmoss Stonecrop does well in pots, rockeries and wide range of gardens, and like all succulents is very drought tolerant. This succulent groundcover is a great addition to any garden as the bold texture provides great contrast, and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line. At the early stages of growth (first 30cm of coverage) Sedum Acre Goldmoss Stonecrop is very fast growing, slowing once the plant reaches a spread of about 40 - 50cm.
Sedum Acre Goldmoss Stonecrop is very hardy and maintenance free, it is often used in mass plantings in public spaces, or in rockeries, particularly cascading (tiered) aspects as it is a consistently reliable performer.
Please note, the seeds of all Sedum varieties are exceptionally small and therefore can be hard to see for those with poor vision, therefore should be handled very carefully.
Advantages of Sedum Acre Goldmoss Stonecrop
- Yellow flowering variety
- Fine glossy lime-green foliage
- Drought-tolerant perennial
- Hardy succulent groundcover
- 8 - 12 cm height at maturity
- 30 cm apart is a suitable planting distance (plant can spread up to 60cm)
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow succulent
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Sedum Acre Goldmoss Stonecrop
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes