Savory Summer is a fragrant garden herb that is commonly grown as an alternative to either Sage or Thyme. This traditional variety, Savory Summer is a proven classic producing aromatic leaves that have an unusually sweet flavour which are used in a range of culinary dishes in both fresh and dry form. Savory Summer does not do well in water-logged positions in the garden, but otherwise is a very hardy and usually reasonably drought tolerant plant. This variety produces beautiful small pink tubular flowers and beautiful aromatic foliage that is believed to have medicinal properties, particularly anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to treat mild insect bites and irritations.
Advantages of Savory Summer
- Traditional Savory Summer flavour and aroma
- Soft elegant evergreen foliage suitable for herbal medicine
- Suitable for cooking and garnishes
- Easy to grow garden herb
- 30-40cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 40cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow annual garden herb
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Savory Summer
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes