Salvia Compact Red Rocket is a relatively new variety of salvia that has been bred to produce large double pure scarlet-red flowers on healthy compact plants, ideal for high-end bedding displays or pots. Like all annual salvias, Salvia Compact Red Rocket is very easy to grow, quick to flower and provides spectacular colour over an extended period. Unlike the older salvia varieties (particularly the tall-growing mixes) that seem to struggle after the first flush of flowers, Salvia Compact Red Rocket is excellent with shedding spent flowers and continually producing more fresh and bright scarlet-red flowers. The large pure scarlet-red double flowers make a great display whether planted individually or as part of a much larger display.
Advantages of Salvia Compact Red Rocket
- Large pure scarlet-red double flowers
- Early and extended flowering season
- Dwarf compact plant producing abundant flowers
- Easy to grow, with seeds typically germinating in 10 - 14 days from sowing
- 25 - 30cm height at maturity
- 20 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Flowers 6 - 8 weeks after sowing
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy flowering annual
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Salvia Compact Red Rocket
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes