Sage Common Garden Sage is a greenish-silver leafed perennial plant that is commonly grown as a fragrant garden herb. This traditional variety, Sage Common Garden Sage is a proven classic producing highly aromatic leaves which are used in a range of culinary dishes in both fresh and dry form. Like all sage varieties, Sage Common Garden Sage does not do well in water-logged positions in the garden, but otherwise is a very hardy and usually reasonably drought tolerant plant. This variety does not perform magic tricks, it does not have variegated leaves, does not produce neon pink flowers, just beautiful silvery foliage with a highly aromatic fragrance perfect for whatever you have planned next in the kitchen!
Advantages of Sage Common Garden Sage
- Traditional sage fragrance
- Soft elegant evergreen silvery foliage
- Suitable for cooking, garnishes and for keeping aphids and flies away
- Harvestable all year round as it is an evergreen perennial herb
- 40-50cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 50cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow perennial garden herb
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Sage Common Garden Sage
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes