Rosa Xanthina Canary Bird Rose is a vigorous climbing shrub rose that is punctuated by a complete coverage of fragrant, pale-yellow flowers from Spring through to Autumn. This old-world species rose is most commonly grown as a large informal hedge or screen, however, it is quite large growing, therefore requires quite a bit of space to ensure the plant can develop its natural flowing shape. This classic variety has the Royal Horticultural Society's (U.K.) stamp of approval, not only because of its beautiful flowers, but because of its extended flowering season and elegant form. Rosa Xanthina Canary Bird Rose is one of the few varieties of rose that will produce plants that are true-to-type from seeds, as it is an old-world species variety, unlike many of the Hybrid Tea or Floribunda rose varieties that produce beautiful flowers when grown vegetatively (cuttings or budded), however produce single-flowering off-types when grown from seeds. Like all rose varieties, the leaves of Rosa Xanthina Canary Bird Rose should be kept dry to avoid fungal and bacterial diseases, and therefore this variety is best suited to environments outside of the tropics.
Advantages of Rosa Xanthina Canary Bird Rose
- Spectacularly abundant pale-yellow fragrant flowers
- Excellent hedging/screening variety with robust foliage
- Long flowering season providing continuous colour in Spring/Summer months
- Versatile flowering plant suitable for a range of uses
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 1.5 - 2m height at maturity (although can grow as tall as 2.5m)
- 1 - 2m apart is a suitable planting distance for informal screening
- Prefers full sun but will grow in light shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy deciduous perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Rosa Xanthina Canary Bird Rose
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes