Don't waste your time with the chewy, pulpy tasteless types of rockmelons, which are unfortunately all-too-common these days! This improved version of the classic Kearos, Rockmelon Kearos Special T41 produces very large fruit (up to 7kg!), bright orange, fragrant and super-sweet rockmelons. The variety Rockmelon Kearos Special T41 is one of the earliest fruiting varieties that require little effort, which is sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener. Unlike many common rockmelon varieties Rockmelon Kearos Special T41 is generally resistant to many types of mildews (which often affect cucumis), ensuring your vegetable garden remains healthy.
This is a trailing variety, so it needs at least a metre to run, and remember, like all rockmelons, will require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent.
Advantages of Rockmelon Kearos Special T41
- Extremely large fragrant fruit (5 - 7kg!)
- Super sweet and juicy bright orange flesh
- Early and heavy yielding variety
- Generally resistant to common mildews
- 30 - 40cm height at maturity (but can 'run' 100cm+)
- 80 - 90cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Rockmelon Kearos Special T41
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes