Rhaphiolepis Apple Blossom is a compact evergreen shrub with deep green leathery leaves that are punctuated by a complete coverage of apple blossom like pink flowers from Winter through to Spring, and lighter flushes of flowers throughout the warmer months. This variety of Rhaphiolepis (commonly known as Indian Hawthorn) is most commonly grown as an informal hedge providing beautiful colour and requiring only a light trim after flowering, to keep it in shape. This variety is highly suitable as a cut flower as the glossy dark green foliage, contrasts elegantly with the long-lasting pink flowers, ensuring Rhaphiolepis will outlast most other flowers in any floral arrangement.
Rhaphiolepis Apple Blossom is suitable for pots, borders, rockeries and other garden situations, particularly dry areas where it may be difficult to establish other plants with higher water requirements. Rhaphiolepis Apple Blossom is very easy to grow and does not require any maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases.
Advantages of Rhaphiolepis Apple Blossom
- Spectacularly abundant flowers
- Excellent hedging variety with robust foliage
- Highly suitable as a cut flower variety
- Long flowering season providing continuous colour in cooler months
- Versatile flowering plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 60 - 100cm height at maturity (ideally hedged at 50 - 80cm height)
- 30 - 50cm apart is a suitable planting distance for hedging
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Rhaphiolepis Apple Blossom
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes