Punica Dwarf Pomegranate is a orange flowering and red fruiting, compact growing form of Punica Granatum Nana, grown as a small ornamental evergreen shrub and is also grown as a stunning bonsai specimen. Punica Dwarf Pomegranate provides a stunning display year round with the beautiful glossy foliage that is punctuated by brilliant bright orange flowers from Spring through to late Summer and often into Autumn.This variety bears fruit in Summer and whilst the fruit is edible, this variety is mainly grown for its ornamental attributes.
As the showy yet intriguing red fruits are relatively small (typically less than 4cm for a mature garden tree or less than 1cm for a bonsai tree), shedding of the fruit is generally not an overly messy affair. Regardless, Punica Dwarf Pomegranate is a popular choice for the desktop farmer (bonsai enthusiast) or connoisseurs of beautiful fluorescent orange flowers.
Advantages of Punica Dwarf Pomegranate
- Brilliant ornamental small shrub
- Spectacular display for every season
- Hardy ornamental cultivar with sought after orange flowers
- Compact variety highly suitable for bonsai
- 1 - 1.2 m height in the 5 years, but can grow as tall as 2m over the years
- 1-2 m apart is suitable planting distance (as a screen) though these are generally planted as features
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Drought tolerant once established
- Suitable for pots but best grown in temperate regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen shrub
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Punica Dwarf Pomegranate
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes