Poppy Shirley Double Mix is a classic mix of Papaver poppy varieties, consisting of graceful double flowering cultivars producing large silky textured flowers in beautiful pastel colours including red, salmon, orange, pink, purple and a range of bicolours. Many common poppies such as the Corn Poppy, Flanders Poppy and Shirley Singles Mix are often mistakenly or incorrectly sold as the Poppy Shirley Double Mix. Flowers of Poppy Shirley Double Mix are characterised by several rows of fine tissue-paper like petals that provide beautiful colour against the fine foliage. Flowers of Poppy Shirley Double Mix are suitable for use as cut flower in floral displays. Whilst Poppy Shirley Double Mix is generally grown as an annual, this variety is often known to become naturalised in established cottage style gardens, particularly in southern Australia through the natural self-seeding process.
Advantages of Poppy Shirley Double Mix
- Spectacularly bright coloured flowers in pastel tones
- Easy to grow and used in massed displays
- Suitable as a cut flower
- Attracts butterflies and birds
- Long lasting flower and extended flowering (compared to the annual varieties)
- 40 - 50cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most temperate regions of Australia
- This variety is not suitable for the humid tropics or sub-tropics
- Hardy summer flowering perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Poppy Shirley Double Mix
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes