Platycodon Fuji White, more commonly known as the Balloon Flower is a high-end perennial often planted amongst winter flowering bulbs (tulips, freesia, daffodils) as Platycodon Fuji White usually starts flowering when the winter bulbs finish. Platycodon Fuji White produces spectacularly beautifully pure white flowers on upright stems that resemble lily and certain lilium varieties. This heavy flowering dwarf variety produces long-lasting white flower spikes which provide months of brilliant colour, particularly during the warmer months. The flower stems are suitable as a cut flower as well as in floral displays due to the long stems. Platycodon plants are typically easy to grow and provide spectacular colour in traditional cottage gardens as well as more modern gardens being enlivened by bursts of bright white colour. Platycodon Fuji White is a bulbous plant that dies back in Autumn as the nights get colder, before springing back to life in time to pick-up where the winter bulbs left off! A highly rewarding and solid garden performer.
Advantages of Platycodon Fuji White
- Spectacularly bright white flowers
- Very heavy flowering variety
- Beautiful deep green foliage
- Extended flowering variety
- 40 - 50cm height at maturity
- 40cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow bulbous perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Platycodon Fuji White
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes