Pinus Pinaster PBE Beta is an ancient species of European pine most commonly grown as a stunning bonsai specimen, as the arching branches and flaky bark combine to form an ornate and sophisticated looking plant. The letters PBE in the name of the cultivar Pinus Pinaster stand for Pine Bark Extract, a potent antioxidant which many clinical studies suggest has strong medicinal and nutraceutical applications including protective properties against many and chronic and degenerative diseases (Google: Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical effects of Pinus Pinaster bark extract. Pinus Pinaster PBE Beta is suitable for pots, borders, rockeries, rural/acreage/estate and other garden situations, particularly dry areas where it may be difficult to establish other plants with higher water requirements. Pinus Pinaster PBE Beta is generally easy to grow and does not require any maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases.
Advantages of Pinus Pinaster PBE Beta
- Highly ornamental and ornate pine
- Ancient species of European pine
- Nutraceuticals extracted from bark
- Cultivar ideally suited for bonsai
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 3 - 4m height in the first 5-years, but may grow much larger as the tree matures
- 1m apart is a suitable planting distance for hedging or further apart as a specimen
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen pine tree
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Pinus Pinaster PBE Beta
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes