Philodendron Tuxla is a rare hybrid variety of philodendron incorporating the best traits from several species. Whilst initially grown in the United States as a pot (house) plant due to its deep green and extremely glossy leaves, in recent times, this variety has been successfully used in many different landscaping applications. The elongated love-heart shaped leaves provide a brilliant tropical looking backdrop to any garden.
When planted into fertile garden in a part-shade aspect Philodendron Tuxla plants can grow into large sprawling shrubs more than 3m in size. When planted besides established trees, Philodendron Tuxla will often climb the trunk of the tree to find more direct light, providing a rainforest feel to any garden, even in metropolitan Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Philodendron Tuxla is a relatively easy to grow garden plant that does not require any maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases. This species is most often grown in pots.
Advantages of Philodendron Tuxla
- Rare hybrid climbing variety
- Spectacular foliage, stems and trunk
- Tropical looking plant which will also grow in cooler climates
- Versatile foliage plant suitable in a range of garden applications
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Grows well at the base of large trees
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 2 - 3m+ height at maturity
- 2 - 4m apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers part shade but will grow in sunny aspect
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Philodendron Tuxla
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes