Philodendron Lundii is a rare philodendron variety, similar to the more common "Bipinnatifidum", most commonly known in Australia as Tree Philodendron (Syn. Philodendron Selloum), which is a spectacularly large leafed philodendron successfully used in many different landscaping applications. The deep lobed, glossy dark green leaves provide a brilliant tropical looking backdrop to any garden.
Whilst much rarer, Philodendron Lundii is preferred to the more common "Bipinnatifidum" as "Lundii" is a hardier species able to tolerate a wider temperature range, particularly hotter daytime temperatures.
Philodendron Lundii plants can grow up to 3m, and are often used as an understorey plant for established gardens/trees, or even beside buildings and fences, where they act as a informal privacy screen.
Once germinated, Philodendron Lundii is a relatively easy to grow garden plant that does not require any maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases. This species is often grown in pots.
Philodendron Lundii encompasses the species Philodendron Selloum, which until recently was believed to be a separate species. Whilst the evolutionary botanists debate the taxonomic classification of this species, you can enjoy the tranquillity of this plant, straight from the Amazon.
Advantages of Philodendron Lundii
- Brilliant landscaping feature
- Beautifully lush foliage and stems
- Tropical looking plant which will also grow in cooler climates
- Versatile foliage plant suitable in a range of garden applications
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Grows well at base of large trees
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 2 - 2.5m height at maturity
- 2 - 4m apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers part shade but will grow in sunny aspect
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Philodendron Lundii
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes