The variety Pea Snap Cascadia is a very popular pea variety that produces stringless juicy pea pods 8 - 9cm in length that are suitable as both green peas (with shell) or shelled. The pea plants don't necessarily need to be trellised as they only grow to about a 60 - 70cm tall at maturity, and will produce profusely for several months. As a premium pea variety, Pea Snap Cascadia not only produces sweet and crisp peas, but is also a highly disease resistant variety, resistant to pea enation, several viruses and powdery mildew, which is notorious and prematurely ending the harvesting season for many of the older heirloom varieties. This variety is a favourite for the home veggie-garden, as it is easy to grow, so the kids can get involved, and best of all, the harvested beans are highly nutritious.
Advantages of Pea Snap Cascadia
- Early harvest variety (8 - 9 weeks from sowing)
- Trailing variety that produces very heavy yield
- Extra long harvest period if plant is trellised
- Generally disease-free if planted in full sun
- 60 - 70cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Hardy cool season vegetable typically grown Autumn - Spring
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Pea Snap Cascadia
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes