Oregano Greek is a hardy, easy to grow variety of common Greek Oregano. Oregano Greek is a popular perennial herb variety, grown for its beautifully fragrant leaves that are commonly used in a wide-range of culinary delights. The variety Oregano Greek has been selected for its superior aromatic characteristics, most specifically its strong traditional flavour and fragrance, unlike many of the newer varieties which are purely grown for their aesthetic appeal. One of the reasons for the popularity of the variety Oregano Greek is more compact growth habit of this variety, meaning the plant can be better maintained and is also generally pest and disease resistant. Oregano Greek also produces a white apical flower, however this is best trimmed to ensure the plant remains in a vegetative phase and continues to produce healthy foliage, ready for your next herb harvest! Since Oregano Greek is an evergreen perennial, provided it is sheltered from frosts, it is generally one of the hardier herbs which will continue provide beautiful Oregano leaves for your cooking delights, throughout the year, even when the Parsley has bolted (flowering) and the cold weather has knocked the Basil about!
Advantages of Oregano Greek
- Great strong traditional flavour and aroma in an easy to grow plant
- Desirable evergreen perennial for year long harvest, every year
- Harvestable for an extended period
- 40-50cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 50cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Oregano Greek
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes