Onions onions onions, white onions, brown onions and the sought after red onions - we all love them, but dread chopping them. Thanks to the wonders of modern plant breeding, the variety Onion Cebolla Roja Gigante is a very large red onion variety bred for not only its large fruit, but also for its sweet odourless flavour, making it a great choice for the cook in the house, not just the gardener or the hungry souls looking forward to lunch or dinner. Whilst Onion Cebolla Roja Gigante is most commonly grown for its large, juicy, odourless red fruit, the variety is also suitable for growing as a bunching onion variety, to use the tender leaves and young onion in a range of meals as well as for a garnish. Onion Cebolla Roja Gigante is generally pest and disease resistant and is a great addition to both any herb or vegetable garden.
Advantages of Onion Cebolla Roja Gigante
- Sweet odourless variety
- Large red fruit - excellent for home-gardeners
- Also suitable as a bunching onion
- Generally healthy plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly calcium and phosphorus
- 25 - 30cm height at maturity
- 10 - 15cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia but can develop mildews in continually humid weather
- Hardy Autumn, Winter, Spring vegetable
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Onion Cebolla Roja Gigante
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes