The Onion Bunching Nebuka Evergreen is an excellent bunching variety of bunching onion, which produces multiple stem of long slender white stalks commonly harvested as shallots. The younger leaves after trimming can also be used as spring onions. This classic variety is generally resistant to common pests and diseases (including thrips and smut) that typically affect vegetable gardens and remain harvestable (do not go to flower) for an extended duration. This variety is a favourite for the home vegie-garden, as it is easy to grow and is generally harvested only 8 - 10 weeks from first sowing, therefore providing quick rewards. The Onion Bunching Nebuka Evergreen is often grown as a companion plant in vegie-gardens as it has pest repellent properties.
Advantages of Onion Bunching Nebuka Galaxy
- Long slender white stalks in clusters
- Extended harvest season (stems do not go to flower quickly, hence the Evergreen name)
- Early harvest variety (8 - 10 weeks from sowing)
- Easy to grow, particularly if direct seeded
- Generally disease-free if planted in full sun
- 40 - 50cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Annual vegetable
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Onion Bunching Nebuka Evergreen
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes