Nasturtium Jewel Mix Improved with its brilliant flowers including the signature canary yellow, bright orange, burnt red and random purple flowers, is one of the great all time garden classics. The sweetly scented flowers are edible and are often used as colourful garnishes in a range of dishes, most commonly, summer salads. This improved variety of Nasturtium has been selectively bred to eliminate the common mosaic viruses that affect many common garden varieties of Nasturtiums, with the ugly yellow veining. Nasturtium Jewel Mix Improved is commonly used as a companion plant in vegetable gardens as it has natural pest repellent properties (as is our French Marigold), is suitable for many types of ornamental gardens and is also commonly used in cottage gardens.
Advantages of Nasturtium Jewel Mix Improved
- Brilliant range of bright colours
- Early and extended flowering season
- Easy to grow, with seeds typically germinating in 14 - 21 days from sowing
- Improved version of classic variety
- 30 - 50cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Flowers warmer months
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy annual
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Nasturtium Jewel Mix Improved
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes