Mustard Purple Osaka is a popular broadleaf variety of red (purple) mustard. The leaves and stems are edible, either in a stir-fry, steamed or in a salad. Other popular uses for this mustard variety include forming a bed to bake fish so the flavours infuse into the fish or even as a garnish. The younger leaves are generally milder, and as the leaves mature, they become stronger in flavour.
Mustard Purple Osaka is a fast growing variety, with first harvest possible in 3 - 4 weeks (if sown correctly), however can take up to 6 weeks in cooler environments.
Advantages of Mustard Purple Osaka
- Superior broad-leafed mustard variety
- Brilliant mustard flavour
- Slow-bolt variety means longer harvest period
- 25 - 40cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb or vegetable garden, allowing at least 20cm spacing between plants
- Prefers moderately full sun aspect
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Southern Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Mustard Purple Osaka
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes