Morus Alba White Mulberry a hardy deciduous tree native to southwestern Asia has been cultivated for centuries across much of Europe and the Middle East. Whilst the Morus Alba White Mulberry tree does produce a small 15 - 20mm white-pink fruit which is similar to a blackberry (only white), the tree is more commonly grown for its ornamental appeal.
Morus Alba White Mulberry is a relatively quick growing medium-sized tree with a naturally rounded shape. The tree produces small mulberry fruits (not true berries) in Spring and into Summer and in Autumn the leaves of the tree gradually turn a banana yellow, before dropping to reveal the beautifully ornate architecture of the tree. Whilst Morus Alba White Mulberry will eventually produce fruit (year 3 onwards), we recommend this tree to be planted in large open areas where the tree can grow comfortably into a majestic specimen tree that will be appreciated for generations to come as this is an extremely long-lived tree. Morus Alba White Mulberry is also suitable as a bonsai, provided the germinated seeds are grown in a low-organic matter soil, to ensure the plant is not to vigorous. The tap-root should either be snipped or curled (J-rooted) within the first 8-weeks, to ensure the plant remains suitable for bonsai.
Advantages of Morus Alba White Mulberry
- Beautiful Autumn colour
- Highly ornamental rounded tree
- Spectacular display for every season
- Attractive landscaping variety
- Fruit bearing in Spring & Summer
- Suitable as a specimen for bonsai
- 3 - 4 m height in the first 5 years, but can grow as tall as 8-10m over the years
- This variety is generally planted as a feature at spacings greater than 5m
- Prefers full sun aspect
- Drought tolerant once established and highly frost tolerant
- Suitable for pots but best grown in temperate regions of Australia
- Hardy deciduous tree
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Morus Alba White Mulberry
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes