Mint Spearmint LXR is a hardy, fast growing perennial spearmint variety that is commonly used in herbal teas, culinary as well as a range of medicinal applications as the natural extracts of the plant are believed to exhibit antiseptic properties, as well as a generally soothing remedy for general anxieties presented by the stresses of the modern world. Mint Spearmint LXR is an improved selection of the common garden spearmint variety. The variety Mint Spearmint LXR has been selected for its superior cultivation characteristics, most specifically its persistence throughout the seasons as many common varieties experience seasonal dieback from time to time. Mint Spearmint LXR is an improved selection of the common garden spearmint variety and is not considered a noxious weed in Australia.
What does LXR mean?
The symbol LXR refers to a range of premium Mint varieties that have been selected for their superior cultivation characteristics, most specifically their persistence as a perennial throughout the seasons and the ability to continually harvest leaves all-year round. That is, eternal life, or elixir, the LXR range.
Advantages of Mint Spearmint LXR
- Original Spearmint flavour (bring on the spearmint tea)
- Desirable tender-leafed spearmint, ideal for cooking, not just garnishes!
- Harvestable year-round as this is a perennial spearmint variety
- Useful in a range of medicinal applications
- 10-15cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 30cm space
- Prefers moderately shady aspect
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Southern Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Mint Spearmint LXR
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes