Mint Peppermint LXR is a hardy, fast growing perennial peppermint variety that is commonly used in culinary as well as a range of medicinal applications as the natural extracts of the plant are believed to exhibit antiseptic properties, as well as a generally soothing remedy for general anxieties presented by the stresses of the modern world. Mint Peppermint LXR is an improved selection of the common garden peppermint variety. The variety Mint Peppermint LXR has been selected for its superior cultivation characteristics, most specifically its persistence throughout the seasons as many common varieties experience seasonal dieback from time to time. Mint Peppermint LXR is an improved selection of the common garden peppermint variety and is not considered a noxious weed in Australia.
What does LXR mean?
The symbol LXR refers to a range of premium Mint varieties that have been selected for their superior cultivation characteristics, most specifically their persistence as a perennial throughout the seasons and the ability to continually harvest leaves all-year round. That is, eternal life, or elixir, the LXR range.
Advantages of Mint Peppermint LXR
- Original peppermint flavour (bring on the peppermint slice!)
- Desirable tender-leafed peppermint, ideal for cooking, not just garnishes!
- Harvestable year-round as this is a perennial peppermint variety
- Useful in a range of medicinal applications
- 10-15cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 30cm space
- Prefers moderately shady aspect
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Southern Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Mint Peppermint LXR
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes