Mint Lemon Balm Mint LXR is a hardy, fast growing perennial Lemon Balm mint variety that is commonly used in herbal teas, culinary as well as a range of medicinal applications as the natural extracts of the plant are believed to provide relief from stress and are incorporated into a range of essential oils and used widely in the practise of natural medicine. Putting the medicinal uses of Mint Lemon Balm Mint LXR aside, the plant produces a beautiful lemon-mint flavoured aroma that can fill a garden, room or meal with plenty of joy and happiness, particularly if you grew it yourself. Mint Lemon Balm Mint LXR is used to flavour ice-cream, herbal teas and also in a range of exotic dishes including several Asian seafood dishes. Mint Lemon Balm Mint LXR produces small white and highly fragrant flowers in Spring and Autumn which attract butterflies and to a lesser extent bees. Mint Lemon Balm Mint LXR is an improved selection of Melissa Officinalis.
What does LXR mean?
The symbol LXR refers to a range of premium Mint varieties that have been selected for their superior cultivation characteristics, most specifically their persistence as a perennial throughout the seasons and the ability to continually harvest leaves all-year round. That is, eternal life, or elixir, the LXR range.
Advantages of Mint Lemon Balm Mint LXR
- Original Lemon Balm Mint flavour (bring on the iced lemon mint tea!)
- Desirable tender-leafed mint, ideal for cooking, not just garnishes!
- Harvestable year-round as this is a perennial mint variety
- Useful in a range of medicinal applications
- 50-80cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 50cm space (recognise mint plants can spread)
- Prefers moderately sunny aspect but does well in part-shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Mint Lemon Balm Mint LXR
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes