Mint Korean Mint LXR is a hardy, fast growing perennial Korean mint variety that is commonly used in herbal teas, culinary as well as a range of medicinal applications as the natural extracts of the plant are believed to exhibit antibacterial, antifungal and other important properties long recognised by traditional medicine. In fact, Korean mint is one of the 50 Fundamental Herbs used in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Putting the impressive medicinal uses of Mint Korean Mint LXR aside, the plant produces a beautiful liquorice-mint flavoured aroma that can fill a garden, room or meal with plenty of joy and happiness, particularly if you grew it yourself. Mint Korean Mint LXR produces large violet and highly fragrant flower heads in Spring and Autumn providing some great colour to either the herb garden, or the greater garden landscape.
Mint Korean Mint LXR is an improved selection of Agastache Rugosa.
What does LXR mean?
The symbol LXR refers to a range of premium Mint varieties that have been selected for their superior cultivation characteristics, most specifically their persistence as a perennial throughout the seasons and the ability to continually harvest leaves all-year round. That is, eternal life, or elixir, the LXR range.
Advantages of Mint Korean Mint LXR
- Original Korean Mint flavour (bring on the mint tea)
- Desirable tender-leafed mint, ideal for cooking, not just garnishes!
- Harvestable year-round as this is a perennial mint variety
- Useful in a range of medicinal applications
- 60-90cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 30cm space
- Prefers moderately sunny aspect
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Mint Korean Mint LXR
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes