Finally, the classic, all-time favourite flowering plant variety of many gardeners, Michelia Figo Port Wine Magnolia is back in stock. We have only be able to source very limited quantities of this variety, so now is your chance, get in quick to secure some fresh and healthy seeds of this brilliant magnolia variety. For those who have been acquainted with the alluring and hypnotic fragrance of Michelia Figo Port Wine Magnolia, the chances are you have been captivated by this timeless plant, ever since. The orchid like flowers release an unmistakably beautiful fragrance that wafts through the garden and into nearby entertainment areas . . . particularly in the early evening, shortly after the sun has gone down. Michelia Figo Port Wine Magnolia is a compact evergreen shrub with deep green leathery leaves that are punctuated by a complete coverage of delicate and exotically fragrant flowers throughout the warmer months, typically from Spring through to Autumn. This variety of Michelia is most commonly grown as a feature specimen plant, or as an informal hedge (or screening plant) providing beautiful colour and requiring only a light trim after flowering, to keep it in shape.
The leathery and glossy leaves of Michelia Figo Port Wine Magnolia ensure this evergreen plant which grows to around 2m in the first 5 years, is suitable for a range of high-end applications in the landscaping industry, as well as for designer gardens.
Michelia Figo Port Wine Magnolia is suitable for pots, borders, rockeries and other garden situations, particularly dry areas where it may be difficult to establish other plants with higher water requirements.
Michelia Figo Port Wine Magnolia is generally easy to grow and does not require any maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases.
Advantages of Michelia Figo Port Wine Magnolia
- Beautifully exotic and fragrant flowers
- Sweetly perfumed and alluring fragrance
- Hardy evergreen feature shrub
- Versatile flowering plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 2 - 3m height at maturity
- 1m apart is a suitable planting distance to form a dense screen, otherwise planted as a specimen
- Prefers full sun but can handle part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia however should not be grown in frost prone regions
- Hardy evergreen shrub
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Michelia Figo Port Wine Magnolia
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes