Don't waste your time with the chewy, pulpy tasteless types of honeydew melons, which are unfortunately all-too-common these days! Melon Green Bailan Honeydew is an improved version of the white Antibes cultivar grown in France, varieties that produce large white-green fruit that are fragrant and super-sweet. The variety Melon Green Bailan Honeydew is an early fruiting variety that requires little effort to get going and is sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener. Unlike many common honeydew varieties Melon Green Bailan Honeydew is generally resistant to many types of mildews (which often affect cucumis), ensuring your vegetable garden remains healthy. With Melon Green Bailan Honeydew, you are sure to have a plentiful harvest of refreshing sweet melons to eat fresh in a fruit salad perhaps or to incorporate into a drink or even frozen delight.This is a trailing variety, so it needs at least a metre to run, and remember, like all rockmelons, will require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this cucumber variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Melon Green Bailan Honeydew
- Sweet and juicy fruit with reduced seed count
- Green flesh which turns white as the melon ripens
- Early and heavy yielding variety
- Generally resistant to common mildews
- 30 - 40cm height at maturity (but can 'run' 100cm+)
- 80 - 90cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Melon Green Bailan Honeydew
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes